The Communications Blog shares useful information and best practices from different perspectives and professionals in the communications field. Want to write a blog post on a certain subject? Just reach out. We’re looking for articles on everything from social media to media relations, from public affairs to government relations, from consumer marketing to crisis communications. Submit blog ideas or completed articles to the editor, Elizabeth Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles should be at least 500 words about a relevant topic in the communications field. Case studies are also accepted. The more thought provoking or educational the better. The goal is to share thoughtful information — approaches, ways of thinking or tips/steps – that others can apply to their own work. In other words, we’re not looking for one-off quickfire thoughts or advice.
- Include a byline at the end that includes information about the author, your firm, company or organization.
- Submit them via email, attached as a word document that includes your name and contact information at the top
- Once the article is posted, we’ll Tweet it via @thecommsblog. Feel free to do the same with your Twitter or Facebook accounts. The more you can promote your story, the better for you and us.
- And most importantly have fun. We have passion about the communications field and you should too! While we seek content from experienced professionals, newer pros can also participate.